As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.!
Knives are important tools in a household, but there are certain points when they could no longer function well due to dullness. For this reason, it is important for you to get and keep the best pocket knife sharpener.
Knife sharpeners are just as important as your knives; but sad to say, it is a bit challenging to find one that truly caters to the needs of customers. As a potential buyer, it pays to look through various best pocket knife sharpener reviews and carefully ask yourself on what is the best pocket knife sharpener.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 – Best Pocket Knife Sharpeners
- 2 Top 10 Best Pocket Knife Sharpener Reviews in 2022
- 2.1 Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Sharpener
- 2.2 Lansky BladeMedic Knife Sharpener
- 2.3 Sharpal Pocket Knife Sharpener
- 2.4 Victorinox Pocket Knife Sharpener
- 2.5 SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener
- 2.6 Smith’s Diamond Combo Bench Stone
- 2.7 Work Sharp Pocket Knife Sharpener
- 2.8 Lansky Quick Fix Pocket Knife Sharpener
- 2.9 Gatco Carbide Pocket Sharpener
- 2.10 Koolife Primum Knife Sharpener
- 3 Benefits of Using a Knife Sharpener
- 4 How I Picked the Best Pocket Knife Sharpener for Myself
- 5 Conclusion
Top 3 – Best Pocket Knife Sharpeners
|Smith’s Pocket Pal Sharpener||
|Lansky Blade Medic||
|Sharpal Pocket Knife Sharpener||
Top 10 Best Pocket Knife Sharpener Reviews in 2022
Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Sharpener
If you love to travel or do outdoor physical activities like hiking and fishing, this knife sharpener might be an ideal product for you. It is multi-functional; therefore, it serves various purposes that are beneficial to people like you who are always on the go and would like to ensure your edges are sharp wherever you go.
Aside from being lightweight and compact, the device is also durable; making it more suitable for travels and outdoor activities. Apart from the capacity to provide a sharp edge at all times, it also features carbide blades and ceramic stones that are reversible and replaceable; which in turn adds more convenience for users.
As for the maintenance, it is very easy to clean this knife sharpener; all you need to do is wipe it with a damp cloth after use and wipe it again with a towel to dry. There is no need for and you should not rinse it with water. With these features, this product might be the best pocket-sized knife sharpener you can have.
- Very comfortable to use.
- Being reversible and replaceable helps extend the device’s sharpening life. This may be an indication of good quality.
- Obviously, serving different purposes is also an advantage. Ther rare to find a multi-functional product that is durable as well, and that’s what Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal promises to be.
- It saves a lot of time, which one can spend doing other things. It likewise allows sharpening a number of knives in a short span of time.
- It is a bit pricey.
- While it can provide a working edge in overly dull knives, it lacks the ability to provide really sharp edges.
Lansky BladeMedic Knife Sharpener
Whether you are looking for the best pocket knife sharpener or a unit for various types of knife blades, you might want to consider using this product. Having it may give you the feeling of owning an entire sharpening kit due to its capacity to work on with regular or serrated blades and fit it your hunting and fishing needs.
Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic is portable and light. You are at liberty to bring it with you wherever you go or whatever activity you might be into. The product comes with ceramic sharpening rods that provide a finished edge after three or four strokes.
It also features a diamond tapered rod that makes possible fast maintenance and reconditioning. Meanwhile, this sharpener is not just for outdoor enthusiasts. It may also work well with you in the kitchen as you try to cook delicious meals for your family.
- Apparently, the product’s capacity to work with almost (if not all) sorts of blades is a plus. How convenient it is to have everything you need especially when it comes to a single portable device!
- Its size does not limit the quality and quantity of its work.
- It is cheap despite its numerous functions.
- Not only does it have a lot of functions; it can also replace a number of sharpening tools.
- You might need extra care and effort when using it on serrations.
- It is made of metal; therefore, some users might find it a little heavier than the ones made of plastic.
Sharpal Pocket Knife Sharpener
This little versatile tool is impressive. As one of the best electric pocket knife sharpeners, it has a lot going on. It replaces 6 everyday tools in outdoor situations. At its core, it sharpens pocket knives. It uses a 400 grit tungsten carbide insertion for this purpose. But it also works with ceramic knives as well as with fish hooks. The tool also works as a fire starter and a high pitch whistle.
Many also see it as one of the most reliable options for having the sharpest fishing hooks as well. But I like its Swiss-like versatility. I simply carry it in my pocket and use it as needed. Being so small and cheerful means I’ve already learned how to use it without even thinking about it. It is only when someone else sees it and asks me about it that I go back to its benefits and versatility myself.
If you’re like me and you don’t want to carry large and heavy equipment, this type of sharpening tool in a combination with survival tools is what you need. I’ve even tried the whistle myself and I can assure you it is head loud and clear outdoors. You never know when you might need one during the summer or winter hunting or fishing seasons.
Among the best pocket knife sharpeners, you will also find sharpeners only. If you’re not a fan of multi-tools, this is not the product for you. But keep in mind that having a fire starter, a whistle, and a pocket knife sharpener separately costs more and it also takes up extra space.
- Made with a multi-tool design
- Suitable for blades of various sizes
- Sharpens fishing hooks
- No carry case inside the pack
Victorinox Pocket Knife Sharpener
Looking for a sharpener that could go as far as saving lives? If so, you may want to take a look at the Victorinox Pocket Knife Sharpener. This product is known not just for its functions but for the stories of more than satisfied users.
The manufacturer takes time to look through the experiences of users with the aim of continuously improve their products. The sharpener is compact, making it easy to travel with. Apparently, this benefits users who are always on the go and are into doing physical outdoor activities.
It comes with a handy ceramic V-style pull-thru sharpener. Such a feature is beneficial to those who have enough knowledge on how to sharpen a pocket knife properly. Also, it has a handy pocket clip that provides more carrying options for chefs and other users of heavy knives. The manufacturer aims to make its products the users’ companions for life.
- The sharpener is sturdy; therefore, it could last longer.
- It is small, so you can obviously use it wherever you go.
- Very user-friendly. It is easy to clean and does not need overly high maintenance.
- The fact that the company values the stories of users is a big thing. It indicates genuine care about the welfare of customers and the possible goal to make them more satisfied.
- It has great value. The manufacturer has earned a good reputation for making high-quality products.
- It takes a lot of practice to get a good angle.
- Some may find it a bit expensive.
SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener
Want to sharpen your kitchen knife or garden knife fast? If you’ve got lots of things to do in your household and you aim to save time, having this sharpener could help you hit your goal. It comes with a strong suction cup mount that makes possible safe bench use. It works with any type of knife.
If you are into cooking, you might love to have this product. It has the capacity to improve your kitchen experiences, particularly in slicing meat, dicing vegetables, and carving your roast. Basically, the sharpener is aimed to sharpen all types of knives including serrated knives.
- It is very easy to use; thanks to its patented suction bottom and round design.
- Their very long-lasting and designed to sharpen numerous tools at a perfect angle, including hardened steel knives. It can even make it possible for you to convert your old knives into new ones.
- It has the capacity to sharpen knives in less than 60 seconds.
- Such a trait alongside good-quality work could make the product your best sharpener for a pocket knife.
- While it works on serrated knives, it does not suit extremely fine-toothed ones.
- It has the tendency to leave a blur on a knife’s blade.
- While it can sharpen a very dull knife, results may vary when a user aims to make a knife very sharp.
Smith’s Diamond Combo Bench Stone
This product sharpens not just knives but also fish hooks and other tools with sharp edges. If you are looking for versatility, this might be a good choice for you. The sharpener comes with fine and coarse diamond stones. It also features a soft grip rubber handle for easy use.
Its multiple layers of micron-sized monocrystalline diamonds and unique sharpening surface speeds sharpening. It collects and holds metal filings that build up during the process of sharpening. Moreover, it has a micro-tool sharpening pad and a sharpening groove for fish hooks and pointed tools.
These features provide a wider range of work for the device; from knives to smaller tools. Meanwhile, the thumb guard that comes with the sharpener is aimed to provide safety to its users. You may likewise put your stones in the handle for safekeeping purposes.
- It is flexible and practical.
- Good quality and is reasonably priced.
- It provides safety to users and easy to use.
- It is portable and saves a considerable amount of space.
- Its flexibility can also be a disadvantage. It tends to be a jack of all trades — one that lacks the capacity to do one thing really well.
- While its small size indicates convenience, some may find it awkward to work with.
- Maintaining the angle is a bit challenging.
Work Sharp Pocket Knife Sharpener
Used even on serrations, this is one of the best pocket knife sharpener reviews show today. It comes with two sides with a ceramic hone and a diamond plate. It represents one of the most interesting options in terms of size as well. One of its major strengths is that it can be used by both right-handed and left-handed individuals.
We have to face the truth, left-handed users might find it difficult to find such reliable knife sharpeners. It’s reassuring to know this product works with both types of users. With its 320 grit, the knife sharpener is mostly used on pocket knives. This is not a purchase to consider for home knife use as well.
The grit is simply too rough for those knives. But for small pocket knives, it is just what you need. Since the product is finished to a high standard, it also comes with a lifetime warranty. This means that no matter what happens with it, you will get a new one if you need a replacement.
It’s always reassuring to know a manufacturer stands by its product so much. This is also why I recommend this knife sharpener to those on a budget as they won’t be upgrading their sharpening stones anytime soon. Arguably the best cheap pocket knife sharpener, it works for savings as well.
- Suitable for left-handed users
- Made with 320 grit
- Best at 20-degree sharpening
- Resistance on the diamond stone
Lansky Quick Fix Pocket Knife Sharpener
The product is a compact sharpening tool that offers versatility. It likewise uses two sharpening technologies with the aim to provide good quality work. Lansky Quick Fix Pocket Sharpener Comes with tungsten carbide that hones the blade to a fine point and ceramic that smoothens the edge.
You only need to do three or four strokes to sharpen your blade. Being a compact tool, this sharpener can easily fit your pocket, purse, tackle box, briefcase, etc. You are at liberty to bring it with you anywhere you go. It features molded rubber grip that ensures slip-free use.
- Any versatile item is beneficial to users. Owning and using one saves time, space, and effort.
- It offers a one-year warranty. This may be an indication of good quality.
- It is quick and easy to use. You could get things done in a short span of time and spend more time on other tasks.
- It is safe to use in various circumstances.
- While it works well on larger knives, it may not do the same on smaller ones.
- Its small size makes it a little hard for users to get good strokes.
Gatco Carbide Pocket Sharpener
Made with two-piece aluminum and a carbide insertion, this is one of the best knife sharpeners for pocket knife fans. It is probably the easiest to use of them all. You simply have to hold it down with the carbide facing up and you pull the knife across its dedicated ridge 3 to 4 times.
This simple process is hard not to master quickly. But what I like the most about this knife sharpener is its reduced size. While it may appear large, in reality, it fits in your palm. This is why it can be one of the headache-free options to always keep in your outdoor kit.
When I travel, I usually carry different knives and knife sharpeners according to what I need to do. When I go fishing, I always sharpen my pocket knife to have my trout ready for grilling. This is one of the sharpeners I use in such situations. Even more, I always recommend it to beginners. Most of my friends are intimidated by knife sharpening. With large sharpeners, this is easy to understand.
Furthermore, I’d see this 400-grit sharpener as a good companion for any type of pocket knife. If you have multiple knives of this type, you may sharp them all, even with the most expensive ones among them.
- Very small size
- Made with tungsten carbide
- Lightweight aluminum handle
- Not suitable for lefties
Koolife Primum Knife Sharpener
If you want a sharpener that you can rely on when doing various household chores, then this one might be a good pick. It suits kitchen scissors, kitchen shears, kitchen knife sets, steak knives, cheese knives, and even garden knives.
Moreover, it could also cater to your needs if you are searching for the best knife sharpener for pocket knives. Likewise, it works on steel knives, outdoor knives, and army knives. This sharpener uses a three-stage sharpening system: prep slot, sharpen slot and finish slot.
The prep slot makes possible the realignment of the knife blade in preparation for sharpening, the sharpen slot adds a fine edge to your blade, and the finish slot polishes your knife’s edge. When sharpening your knife, you need to pull it through the mechanism three or four times. The required number of pulling depends on the dullness of your knife.
- The location of the sharpener’s handle keeps the users safe. It is on the side of the rods and won’t hurt you provided you hold and use the device properly.
- It sharpens knives fast, so you don’t need to worry about possible damage during the sharpening process.
- The sharpener comes with a stable countertop design. Being slip-resistant, it is easy to handle.
- It offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. Apparently, this may be an indication of the product’s good quality.
- It does not suit serrated knives. It’s not that it’s a big deal, but it somehow lessened the product’s functionality.
- While it works well on metal knives, it lacks good-quality work on ceramic ones.
Benefits of Using a Knife Sharpener
A knife becomes dull through constant use. As a chef or a homemaker, make sure to have your own knife sharpener on hand. Here are some benefits of using knife sharpeners:
A Knife Sharpener Is Cheaper Than a Sharpening Service.
A professional sharpening service can charge you from GBP 5 to GBP 7 per knife. Although some knife sharpeners are priced at GBP 25, it is still reasonable considering the span of months or years that you can use them. In the long run, a knife sharpener is still less expensive than having your knives done by a professional.
A Sharp Knife Is Always on Hand.
Going to a sharpening service provider wastes time, effort, and delays food preparation. With a knife sharpener on hand, you can sharpen your knife at your convenience, anytime, or as the need arises right in your own kitchen.
Sharpening Your Knives Makes You a Real Chef.
Aside from cooking and serving delicious meals, a professional chef must possess sharpening skills. Sharpening your own knives makes you the master of your kitchen. Furthermore, using sharp knives in food preparation makes the process more enjoyable and fulfilling.
Sharpening Your Knives Can Minimize Damages.
As you sharpen your own knives, you become aware of their blade condition, handle, and edges. You learn to appreciate its function; hence, you commit yourself to maintain and preserve it. This will lessen the risk of future damages and prolong its life span.
Sharp Knives Make Cooking Easy and Safe.
A sharp knife makes food preparation and presentation quick and easy. You can chop and slice food safe and efficient; whereas, a dull knife cuts unevenly, hastens wilting, and leads to spoilage.
Knives function well if you maintain their sharpness; hence, every kitchen must have a knife sharpener. However, sharpening can lead to the thinning of the blade. For that, caution and proper maintenance should be practiced to maximize a knife’s functionality.
How I Picked the Best Pocket Knife Sharpener for Myself
If you are someone who loves camping, there are chances that you will use your pocket knife on several occasions. Irrespective of the knife’s quality, its frequent usage will make the blade dull. To curtail this, you need the best pocket knife sharpener. With a pocket knife sharpener, your knives remain sharp when they are needed.
However, one of the most significant difficulties you might face is selecting the ideal one for your needs among the several ones on the market. Here are some factors to check to prevent you from having a hard time when picking
Of all features, the size of your pocket knife sharpener probably comes first. You need something that is portable for convenience. The fact that you have a pocket knife in the first place means that you wanted something small. Hence, you need a pocket knife sharpener that can conveniently fit into your camping gear.
It will be a disservice to you if you have a heavy pocket knife sharpener. The weight of a pocket knife sharpener also affects its portability. And using a heavy model might make it difficult for you to use when sharpening your pocket knife, as there is a chance you would not get the desired results.
You need a versatile pocket knife sharpener to prevent you from getting a different sharpener for each tool. Also, you need a sharpener that offers full restoration to dull blades.
Even though pocket knife sharpeners are affordable, you have to watch out for the best quality. One of the features that determine its quality is its sturdiness. This feature helps to make it useful in the long-term. As for the material, you can opt for full metal construction or get top-quality plastic sharpeners. Interestingly, pocket knife sharpeners made with diamond, carbide, and ceramic materials offer high-quality.
What is the best knife sharpener for pocket knives? Looking through each pocket knife sharpener review we have above, we recommend Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic. As mentioned earlier, owning this product is like having a complete kit. It is versatile in a way that other products cannot beat.
Also, the flexibility of Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic does not come to a point that it becomes a jack of all trades that does not do exceptionally well in at least one thing. It works well and provides you your needs; from the kitchen to outdoor activities. Indeed, it is important to keep sharp knives at home. But for their maintenance, getting a good sharpener is a must.
Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic is a reliable product that you can use in different places and circumstances. While other products work well as well, our recommended sharpener has just stood out and deserves to be deemed the best pocket knife sharpener.